National News Headlines BY Sky News
Here you can read all about today’s UK news headlines bought to you by Sky News
- Royal wedding cellist breaks records with new album 17th January 2020A young cellist who shot to fame with his performance at the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's wedding has broken records with his latest album.
- 'It's disgusting': Homophobic attack victim targeted five times in past few years 17th January 2020A woman left bloodied and bruised after a homophobic attack says she has been targeted five times in the past few years due to her sexuality.
- Factory worker 'stabbed to death confronting group outside plant' 17th January 2020A 53-year-old factory worker has died in a stabbing after he confronted a group of people, according to reports.
- Smash-and-grab robber jailed after public pinned him down 17th January 2020A robber who was pinned down by members of the public after smashing into a shop with a stolen car and stealing jewellery has been jailed.
- Referees told to use pitchside monitors for red cards 17th January 2020Referees have been advised to use pitchside monitors to make a final ruling on red card decisions.
- RAF closes Heathrow airspace delaying dozens of arrivals 17th January 2020Dozens of planes have been diverted or delayed after an "unplanned" request by the RAF to halt arrivals at Heathrow.
- Meghan's half-sister hits out at 'gross breach of duty' to Queen 17th January 2020The Duchess of Sussex's half-sister has accused Meghan and Harry of a "gross breach of duty" to the Queen.
- Priti Patel joins raid on gangs who use children to sell drugs 17th January 2020The leaders of county lines gangs are being targeted, with the home secretary vowing to stop children being exploited across the country as drug mules.
- Yes Minister actor Derek Fowlds dies aged 82 17th January 2020Yes Minister star Derek Fowlds has died aged 82, his family has said.
- British teen found guilty of lying about gang rape appeals her conviction 16th January 2020A British teenager who was found guilty of lying about being gang-raped in Cyprus has launched an appeal against her conviction.